The Complete List Of Independent Bookies UK
- Well-Known Brand
- No GamStop Cooperation
- Low €20 Deposit Requirement
- Wagering Only 1x
- Doesn’t Feature GamStop
- Deposit as Little as 40 EUR
- Not a GamStop Site
- Robust Gaming Library
- Min. Deposit 40 EUR
- Swift Withdrawals
- Min. Deposit from €10
- Has No GamStop Limits
- No KYC on Deposit
- Doesn’t Rely on GamStop
- €40 Min. Deposit
- No Self-Exclusion
- Over 6,500 Games
- €20 Min. Deposit
- Great Race & Live Sections
- Not Connected with GamStop
- €20 to Trigger Bonus
- No GamStop Governance
- Tournaments & Lotteries
- 40 EUR Minimum Deposit
- No GamStop Regulations
- 20 GBP for Bonus Activation
- Rapid Withdrawal Processing
- Out of Gamstop Coverage
- Excellent Live Section
- Bonus Activation at 25 EUR
- The Complete List Of Independent Bookies UK
- How We Choose Independent Bookmakers
- Our Top Independent Betting Sites For UK Players
- The Newest Independent Online Bookmakers For March 2023
- Top Things To Know About Independent Sports Betting Sites
- Steps To Join Independent Betting Sites
- Sports Betting Options Available At Independent Sportsbooks
- Alternative Game Options At Independent Betting Sites
- Independent Online Bookmakers By Country
- Independent Betting Sites FAQs
How We Choose Independent Bookmakers
The main reason people find it hard to discover independent bookmakers online is that there are so many of them. We’re talking about hundreds, probably even thousands of different bookmakers with independent licences. It’s incredibly difficult to pick out the best ones from this bunch – if you don’t know what to look for.
Thankfully, you’re in the perfect place. The Casino Wise team knows exactly what to look for in brilliant independent UK betting sites. We’ve figured out a way to take the thousands of options out there and narrow them down. As a result, only the best sites are added to our list, providing UK players with the best options possible.
So, how do we do this? Effectively, we take all new UK independent betting sites and check that they have the following features:
- No UKGC licence – To be classified as independent sports betting sites, these websites cannot have a UKGC licence. They need to be European or offshore betting operators with independent licences.
- No GamStop restrictions – One of the main reasons people search for independent sportsbooks is to get around GamStop self-exclusion limitations. Therefore, we’re looking for British sports betting sites not on GamStop. They must be open to UK players, yet without any GamStop restrictions.
- A wide range of sports – Next, we look at all of the independent bookmakers and see what sports are available to bet on. If they only offer a handful of sports, we don’t add them to the list. Ideally, we want every sport possible here; the more betting options, the better.
- Secure banking options – The way you deposit and withdraw money is crucial. We need to be sure that your money is safe on these sites, which is why we’re after gambling sites that accept credit cards and other secure banking methods. If we don’t think your money is safe, we won’t recommend the site.
- Good bonuses/promotions – The best independent bookmakers will give you great value for money. In essence, they offer things like a no-GamStop no-deposit bonus for new punters. Or, they have ongoing promotions and bonuses you can use to make your money go further. If standalone betting sites can’t provide great bonuses/promotions they don’t get added to our list.
When all five of these features have been ticked off, we look at one last thing. What do punters think of the site? Checking reviews for independent betting sites helps us understand how trustworthy and reliable they are. Combining this information with our own reviews lets us curate a list that’s full of the best independent bookmakers out there.
Our Top Independent Betting Sites For UK Players
Make no mistake about it, every single site on our complete list is worth joining. However, we appreciate that some of you are strapped for time. You’re looking for some quick information on the top independent UK bookies you can join.
With that in mind, we asked our team to select the top sites at the moment. They came up with the following:
- GoldenBet Sportsbook
- Magic Win Sportsbook
- Lucky Barry Sportsbook
- BC.Game Sportsbook
- Very Well Sportsbook
The GoldenBet Sportsbook is one helluva place to be if you enjoy sports betting. It boasts dozens of sports from around the world, including all of the top competitions. There are live events you can bet on at all times – and you even have eSports and virtual sports to dabble in. The thing that stood out to us the most was the variety of promotions here. You get a sports welcome bonus of 100% on your first deposit, plus 10% cashback on your bets. For every three bets, you get one thrown in for free as well. It’s a highly rewarding site, which is why so many punters are raving about it.
Magic Win Sportsbook
Magic Win is one of the newest sites to introduce a sports betting section. Nevertheless, it has wasted no time in delivering a multitude of betting options. Genuinely, you can bet on almost any sport you can think of. All of the mainstream options are covered, plus a few niche sporting events too. For instance, you can bet on Indonesian Football or a unique sport called Kabaddi. Some really good bonuses are up for grabs as well, and you can enjoy in-play betting if that’s how you prefer to bet on sports. The site itself is really sleek and well-made, making it one of the best-looking independent online sportsbooks we’ve seen.
Lucky Barry Sportsbook
If you’re feeling lucky, you will love Lucky Barry. It’s one of the leading standalone bookmakers out there because it delivers BIG on diversity. As you scroll through the sportsbook, you’ll find all manner of weird and wonderful sports to look at. We’re talking about surfing, hurling, floorball and even chess! Of course, classic sports are included in abundance – you can bet on football, golf, rugby and tennis from all over the planet. Throw in some really good live betting options and an entire section dedicated to eSports and you’ve got yourself a winner.
BC.Game is a fantastic site that looks absolutely amazing. The design is completely unique, yet so wonderfully fluid as you move around it. Some huge sports and sporting competitions are here to bet on and you can earn rewards the more you bet. There’s a community feel about the site that makes it more homely and trustworthy. Punters are very keen on it at the moment, and we can see why. Healthy bonuses greet new players, giving you some extra funds to use on any sports bets you can think of.
Very Well Sportsbook
Lastly, we have one of the most established brands in the industry. Very Well is certainly near the top of our list of independent betting sites for many reasons. It’s very trustworthy and reliable, regularly paying out well. We love the lines available on all the different sports, giving you more to bet on than just who wins or loses. The live section is very diverse and comes with a cash-out feature to help you reclaim some money if your bets start turning sour! The customer support options are easy to use as well, so you always get help whenever required. Put simply, there’s a lot to love and very little to dislike here.
The Newest Independent Online Bookmakers For March 2023
Rabbit Win Sportsbook
Look, the current list of independent online bookmakers is really special. Nevertheless, we strive to keep you updated with all the goings on in the industry. This means we constantly look for new bookies not registered with GamStop that have independent licenses. It lets us add to the list and make adjustments every month, so you’re always on top of things!
As such, our team thought it would be a good idea to highlight the new independent betting sites as they arise. This month, we’re shining a light on a very special newcomer: the Rabbit Win Sportsbook.
This new site already has everything you could hope for in standalone betting sites. It’s got every single feature we look for and our team is incredibly impressed with what we’ve seen so far. There’s a complete review for you to check out that dives into things in more detail if you’re interested. For now, here are the main features we’re impressed by:
- A fantastic welcome bonus
- A wide range of sports to bet on
- Loads of great promotions
- Live in-play betting
- eSports betting
- Secure transactions
- No GamStop
- No UKGC licence
- No verification when joining
Top Things To Know About Independent Sports Betting Sites
|Number of independent bookmakers||85+|
|Best independent sports betting sites||GoldenBet Sportsbook, Magic Win Sportsbook, Lucky Barry Sportsbook|
|Available for UK punters||Yes|
|Popular sports||Football, Boxing, Tennis, Golf, Racing, Rugby & More|
|Banking options||Credit Card, Cryptocurrency, Bank Transfer & E-Wallet|
There is a lot to know about standalone online bookmakers before you join them. We’ll help you learn how to join these sites in just a moment, but there’s one crucial thing to consider. Don’t join any standalone betting sites without seeing their pros and cons. It’s time to understand what you may gain from these sites, but also what you could lose. Then, you can make a better decision by weighing things up from both sides.
Keeping that in mind, here’s what you should be aware of:
The Advantages of Online Independent Bookmakers
- No GamStop limitations – Independent bookmakers give you a way to reverse GamStop and continue betting while self-excluded from UK betting sites. It’s the only way to get around GamStop without doing anything illegal.
- Not blocked by Gamban – Similarly, these independent betting sites are also non-Gamban online bookmakers. Thus, they won’t be blocked by Gamban software. So, if you’re using it to block UK sites, all of the independent ones can still be accessed.
- No annoying UKGC regulations – The above points are possible because independent sportsbooks don’t have UKGC licenses. Moreover, independent bookmakers offer more freedom without UKGC regulations. You often get higher odds, so the wins can be much bigger.
- Accepts credit cards – You’re able to use credit card payments at online independent bookmakers, which you can’t do at any UK-based sites. It offers a unique and secure way to instantly deposit money into your account.
- A complete selection of sports events – Independent bookies present you with the widest selection of sporting events you can imagine. Alongside the popular competitions/sports, you’ve got niche events that are unique to certain countries.
- Liberal self-exclusion opportunities – While these sites aren’t on GamStop, you can still self-exclude if you wish. The good thing is, the rules are more liberal; you aren’t forced to wait out a set period if you want to get back into action. Contact the betting site operator if you want to self-exclude, and then contact them again when you’re ready to come back.
The Disadvantages of Online Independent Bookmakers
- Language barriers – Communicating with customer service can be difficult when dealing with international independent bookmakers. Some player support teams don’t speak very good English, making it harder to find answers.
- No PayPal – PayPal is a popular banking method because it’s fast and safe. Unfortunately, you can’t use it at independent sportsbooks, which is mildly annoying for some punters.
- More risks for vulnerable players – If you are a vulnerable punter that has a history of losing lots of money, independent betting sites might not be for you. They don’t really have any protection in place to curb your betting habits. If you start getting out of control, it’s all on you to take action. By contrast, UKGC casinos do have features to identify bad habits and help you stop them.
Steps To Join Independent Betting Sites
So, you’re interested in joining some independent betting sites. A fine decision, but how do you sign-up and claim the welcome bonuses? You’ll be happy to know that the process is very fast and simple:
Choose an Independent Online Bookmaker
Look at our list and select any independent online bookmakers that appeal to you the most. Read the review and click the big Join Now button on the page to be taken to the site.
Fill in the Registration Form
Upon landing on the site, fill in the registration form you’re given. Thankfully, all of the sites on our list are online betting sites with no verification. So, you simply have to provide your details without uploading any documents. Submit the form and you’ll be registered!
Deposit Some Money
Next, check the welcome bonus terms & conditions to see how much money needs to be deposited to claim it. Then, select your method of deposit and add funds to your account.
Claim Your Bonus & Bet!
Now, your account will be funded and your bonus activated! All that’s left is to head to the sportsbook and start betting.
Sports Betting Options Available At Independent Sportsbooks
What sports can you bet on at independent betting sites? We can’t list them all as we’ll be here all day, but there are loads of possibilities:
- Football betting without GamStop
- Horse racing betting without GamStop
- Tennis betting without GamStop
- Golf betting without GamStop
- Boxing betting without GamStop
- Rugby betting without GamStop
Plenty of other sports exist on these sites too; we’ve just showcased some of the most popular options!
Alternative Game Options At Independent Betting Sites
Yes, you can dip away from sports betting to enjoy other games! This is because independent bookmakers also double up as independent casino sites. With that in mind, here are some other options when sports betting gets stale:
- Independent slots sites
- Independent bingo sites
- Independent poker sites
- Independent roulette sites
- Independent slingo sites
Independent Online Bookmakers By Country
Where are independent bookmakers located if they’re not in the UK? Typically, they’re from the following places:
- Offshore betting sites – This includes Curacao online sportsbooks and other sites located on offshore island territories.
- European betting sites – Any site in Europe but not in the UK comes under this banner.
- American betting sites – Some US-based sports betting sites are open to UK players.
- International betting sites – A few independent bookmakers are located in Australia, the Middle East and other international countries.
Independent Betting Sites FAQs
What are independent betting sites?
Independent betting sites are online bookmakers operating with independent licenses, rather than a UKGC licence.
Is it legal for UK punters to join independent online bookmakers?
Yes, it is completely legal, provided there are no geo-restrictions in place. Effectively, if you can load the site up without a VPN, it’s legal to join it.
Are independent bookmakers safe?
Yes, independent online bookmakers are incredibly safe for you to use. They have all the necessary features to keep punters protected while gambling.
Are independent sportsbooks part of GamStop?
No, the majority of independent sportsbooks are not part of GamStop as the lack of a UKGC licence means they don’t have to be on the scheme. However, some independent sites do still partake in GamStop, namely ones with Maltese gambling licenses.