The Complete List Of EU Betting Sites
- Well-Known Brand
- No GamStop Cooperation
- Low €20 Deposit Requirement
- Wagering Only 1x
- Doesn’t Feature GamStop
- Deposit as Little as 40 EUR
- Not a GamStop Site
- Robust Gaming Library
- Min. Deposit 40 EUR
- Swift Withdrawals
- Min. Deposit from €10
- Has No GamStop Limits
- No KYC on Deposit
- Doesn’t Rely on GamStop
- €40 Min. Deposit
- No Self-Exclusion
- Over 6,500 Games
- €20 Min. Deposit
- Great Race & Live Sections
- Not Connected with GamStop
- €20 to Trigger Bonus
- No GamStop Governance
- Tournaments & Lotteries
- 40 EUR Minimum Deposit
- No GamStop Regulations
- 20 GBP for Bonus Activation
- Rapid Withdrawal Processing
- Out of Gamstop Coverage
- Excellent Live Section
- Bonus Activation at 25 EUR
What We Look For In Trustworthy European Sportsbooks
Clearly, Europe is a massive continent. We know that’s stating the obvious, but consider how many independent online bookmakers there are in all of the different European countries. Yep, you’re already starting to see the problem here!
With so many European bookies to choose from, how can we possibly narrow things down? Needless to say, we haven’t listed all of the Europe betting sites we encountered. Instead, we focused on only listing the most trustworthy ones. As a result, we’re confident that UK punters will be directed to genuinely good European bookmakers, rather than terrible ones.
It all comes down to one simple question: what do we look for in trustworthy European betting sites?
- Must be open to UK punters – There are loads of European casinos accepting UK players, but are there European sportsbooks that do the same thing? If sites don’t accept UK punters, they won’t make the list for obvious reasons.
- Must have a legitimate licence – Sports betting sites in Europe aren’t going to have a UKGC licence. However, they still need some sort of legitimate licence to ensure they’re regulated. Unregulated EU sports betting sites can’t be trusted as there’s no governing body ensuring they keep punters safe. Any type of European or independent licence will suffice, provided it is legit.
- Must offer a way around GamStop – We always communicate with UK punters to understand what you’re looking for. When discussing the idea of joining European sports betting sites, the majority of punters wanted to find bookmakers not registered with GamStop. Therefore, this is a key feature we’re after! We want to give you a chance to get around the self-exclusion limitations by joining reliable betting sites in Europe that aren’t on GamStop.
- Must provide a large sportsbook – When we talk about European sports betting sites, there’s a glaringly obvious feature that should be present. That’s right, there must be a large diversity of sporting events to bet on. If you can only gamble on a couple of major sports and big events, then it gets boring pretty quickly. Ideally, you’ll have loads of competitions and matches to bet on every single day from all four corners of the world.
- Must give good promotions – If you were to join a casino, you’d be after good welcome bonuses. In fact, European casinos no-deposit bonuses are fairly common, offering free funds to gamble with. Sports betting bonuses are never as generous, but you should still expect some tasty promotions. We’ve ensured that all of the European bookmakers for UK players on our list offer ongoing promos to give you some bonus funds or free bets.
- Must offer secure transactions – You must be able to deposit and withdraw money without any hitches at Europe betting sites. The good news is that all of the sites we’ve listed are credit card gambling sites. So, you instantly have a safe and secure method of depositing/withdrawing money.
There are six key features here that we look for in all the new European bookmakers we come across. Every item should be crossed off before it gets added to our complete list of European betting sites. Our expert reviewers will then dig a little deeper to find other features and player reviews, letting us rank the sites in order of brilliance.
Our Top European Sports Betting Sites
You’ve already scrolled through our list and are excited at the prospect of Euro betting sites. However, you wish there was an easy way to know which sites are the best ones to join. Every site we’ve listed is great, but the following five are the top European sports betting sites right now.
Just one thing to note; this list can update and change every month as we constantly review new European sports betting sites. For now, this is our top five:
- MyStake Sportsbook
- GoldenBet Sportsbook
- Hand of Luck Sportsbook
- Fresh Bet Sportsbook
- BC.Game Sportsbook
MyStake Sportsbook has rapidly become one of the leading European betting sites around. It has an easy interface that makes betting much simpler. Speaking of which, you can place your bets on a massive variety of events, matches and competitions. Think about any sporting event and there will be matches to bet on. Then, consider any niche events and they’ll probably be here too. It’s all very user-friendly and can be accessed via mobile devices too. Plus, the welcome bonus and ongoing promotions are extremely rewarding.
The Casino Wise team are big fans of GoldenBet because it’s home to some very cool features. Every three bets you place will unlock a free fourth bet to use on any sport. A 100% first deposit bonus can double the money you bet with, and the promotions section is full of other quirky concepts to take advantage of. Inside this European sportsbook, you’ve got every sport you can imagine. We’re talking about football, rugby, golf, tennis, handball, basketball, boxing, racing; the list goes on and on.
Hand of Luck Sportsbook
Hand of Luck is one of the newest Europe betting sites we’ve discovered. Don’t let its youth fool you; this bookmaker can compete with the big boys. It’s got a diverse sportsbook covering all the main sports and events, plus loads of obscure things too. New players are rewarded with a welcome bonus, but loyal players will also get bonuses and promotions all the time. It’s free from GamStop, offers credit card payments and accepts crypto. The customer service team is always fairly responsive – and we found it to be one of the safest sites out there for UK punters.
Fresh Bet Sportsbook
Enjoy some fresh bets at Fresh Bet Sportsbook. This is one of those European sportsbooks that can do no wrong. Think back to our list of criteria in the previous section and this site ticks every single box – and then some. You will never be bored thanks to the hundreds of different betting opportunities every day. There are even some in-play betting options that provide loads of fun betting lines with amazing odds. If you’re a sports fan, you’ll love this site even more as you can stream live matches throughout the day.
There’s no denying that BC.Game Sportsbook is unique. It’s one of the few crypto European bookies out there and it has so much to offer. Aside from an expansive sportsbook and loads of wonderful betting options, it comes with a few unique features. We love the community aspect of the site; there are live message boards where you can talk to other punters and exchange tips or ideas. It feels less like you’re sitting at home gambling and more like you’re actually interacting with other people. This improves the whole experience and means you can enjoy the site without placing bets all the time!
The Newest European Bookmakers For March 2023
Rabbit Win Sportsbook
We could conduct some research, make a list of sports betting sites in Europe and call it a day. But, that feels a bit lazy! What if new sites open up their virtual doors for UK players to enjoy? How will all of the loyal Casino Wise readers know about them if we just left our list as is?
Well, you never have to worry about that! We won’t leave you in the dark as we constantly hunt down new European bookmakers every day. Actually, we go one step further than this. As well as adding new sites to our list, we like to highlight the newest and best EU betting site each month. This month, we’re happy to introduce you to the Rabbit Win Sportsbook.
This is one of those Euro betting sites you just have to try. The benefit of being a new site is that it’s had time to assess the industry and focus on delivering features punters will love. We have to say, it has done this extremely successfully. Some of the standout features include:
- Loads of different sports to bet on
- A good variety of bonuses/promotions
- Fast and safe banking options
- Easy withdrawals with simple T&Cs
- Low wagering requirements for bonuses
- A low minimum deposit
- GamStop-free betting
- Great customer service (24/7 live chat)
- Fully-licensed and regulated
- Fantastic odds across the board
- SSL encryption for added security
As you can see, there’s already a lot to love. For more details, please check out our complete review.
More Details On European Online Bookmakers
|Number of European betting sites||80+|
|Best sports betting sites in Europe||MyStake Sportsbook, GoldenBet Sportsbook, Hand of Luck Sportsbook|
|Available sports||Football, Horse Racing, Tennis, Boxing, Formula 1, Golf, Basketball & More|
|Open to UK punters||Yes|
|Lowest wagering requirements||1x|
Creating accounts at European betting sites is extremely easy and can be done in around 10 minutes max. We know you’re excited to get started, but we implore you to wait just a teeny tiny bit before clicking on any sites and signing up!
Casino Wise has been in this industry for years, so we know that certain betting sites are better for some people than others. It’s only after viewing the pros and cons of European sportsbooks that you’re able to make an informed decision. Take a look at the good and not-so-good aspects of these sites to see if they’re right for you.
The Benefits of European Sports Betting Sites
- Bet while on GamStop – You can never delete GamStop until your self-exclusion period runs out. However, while you wait for the period to end, you can use EU sports betting sites to gamble. It lets you have fun when your self-exclusion is running for much longer than intended.
- Bet without ID checks – Why do UK bookies force you to upload ID before joining? You want to bet, this isn’t a club! European bookies don’t do this as they are no-ID verification bookies. Signing up is a simple case of filling in a short form and clicking the submit button.
- Enjoy higher odds – Operating with independent licenses means betting sites in Europe can have higher odds than those in the UK. Theoretically, this means you might win more money if your bets come in.
- A greater number of sports – Because you’re dealing with betting sites across Europe, you will run into loads of extra sports you won’t find elsewhere. This includes niche sports or local competitions, widening your betting possibilities.
- More choice of payment methods – Choose how to deposit money via credit cards, crypto wallets, e-wallets or bank transfers. All of these methods are fast and super secure.
- Different betting offers – Thanks to the sheer diversity of European sports betting sites out there, you can unlock different betting offers every month. Each site has its own unique promotions/offers, and new ones spring up with generous bonuses too.
The Drawbacks of European Sports Betting Sites
- Higher odds are risky – There is a downside to higher odds and it’s the high element of risk attached to them. Yes, you can win big, but this will ultimately mean that you can lose big too. Are you ready for the risk?
- No connection to Gamcare – All of the Europe betting sites on our list are online bookmakers without Gamcare. This lack of a connection means you don’t get Gamcare support if your gambling spirals out of control. It’s a particular worry for vulnerable players.
- Harder to self-exclude – Sure, European betting sites help you avoid self-exclusion programmes like GamStop. Unfortunately, there are instances when you should cool off and exclude for a period. This is harder on Euro betting sites as there isn’t a way to exclude yourself from numerous sites for a specified period.
Alternatives To Betting Sites In Europe
European betting sites aren’t the only betting operators outside the UK you can try. Many alternatives exist, all of which don’t have UKGC licenses:
- Curacao betting sites – There are betting companies with a Curacao licence offering diverse sportsbooks for UK punters.
- Offshore betting sites – This includes any offshore online bookmakers located on island territories outside of the UK, such as Gibraltar and the Isle of Man.
- International betting sites – We can point you towards international betting operators in countries like Australia that accept UK punters.
- American betting sites – Finally, there are some US bookmakers that can be accessed from within the UK.
Europe Betting Sites FAQs
What are European sports betting sites?
European sports betting sites are typically classed as online bookmakers located within mainland Europe with independent licenses.
Is it illegal to use betting sites in Europe as a UK resident?
No, it is not illegal to access EU betting sites as a UK resident. They are accessible from inside the United Kingdom without the need for a VPN.
Are Europe betting sites safe?
Yes, betting sites in Europe are completely safe for you to use. They utilise security methods and are regulated by independent governing bodies to ensure punters are kept safe.
Do you have to use Euros at European betting sites?
Yes and no – it depends on the site in question. Some EU betting sites only let you gamble in Euros while others let you gamble in GBP.
What is the best website for betting in Europe?
The best website for betting in Europe right now is MyStake Sportsbook. It has all the features you need in a reliable and trustworthy sportsbook, plus some hugely beneficial offers/promotions.
Where to find a list of the best European online bookmakers?
Find a list of the best European online bookmakers here at Casino Wise. Scroll to the top of this page to find the complete list – and be sure to check back each month to see if any new additions have been made.