The Complete List Of Independent UK Casinos
- GamStop Not Used
- Exclusive Game Options
- €50 Bonus Activation
- Casino & Sports Betting
- Trusted Non-GamStop Platform
- Claim Bonus For €20
- No GamStop Cooperation
- Unlimited 10% Cashback
- Low €20 Deposit Requirement
- No Self-Exclusion
- Over 6,500 Games
- €20 Min. Deposit
- Not In GamStop
- Swift Withdrawals
- 40 EUR Bonus Activation
- Free Downloadable App
- Doesn’t Have GamStop Integration
- €40 Minimum Deposit
- No GamStop Regulations
- 20 GBP for Bonus Activation
- Rapid Withdrawal Processing
- Not Part Of GamStop
- Outstanding Customer Support
- €15 Min. Deposit
- Reliable Gambling Platform
- No Connection To GamStop
- Minimum Deposit €40
- Tempting Bonuses
- No UK Self-Exclusion
- Min. Dep €40
- Thousands Of Top Titles
- Trusted Non-GamStop Operator
- 20 EUR Deposit For Bonus
- Available While on GamStop
- Fast Withdrawal Times
- 10 EUR Min. Deposit
- Exceptional Odds
- Accepts British Punters
- €40 Minimum Deposit
- Without GamStop Usage
- Assorted Casino Games
- Min. Deposit Range €10-100
- Not a GamStop Site
- Robust Gaming Library
- Min. Deposit 40 EUR
- No KYC on Deposit
- Doesn’t Rely on GamStop
- €40 Min. Deposit
- Swift Withdrawals
- Min. Deposit from €10
- Has No GamStop Limits
- Wagering Only 1x
- Doesn’t Feature GamStop
- Deposit as Little as 40 EUR
- Great Race & Live Sections
- Not Connected with GamStop
- €20 to Trigger Bonus
- No GamStop Governance
- Tournaments & Lotteries
- 40 EUR Minimum Deposit
- GamStop Unavailable
- Available for UK Punters
- 40 EUR Min. Deposit
- Fantastic Payout Rate
- Not Burdened by GamStop
- Lowest Deposit €10
- Trending Site
- Top Tier Free Spins Bonus
- Not Beholden to GamStop
- 40 EUR to Earn Bonuses
- Without GamStop Exclusion
- Dozens of Reputable Providers
- Quality Gaming Providers
- Disconnected from GamStop
- €40 Min. Fund
- €10-40 Min. Deposit
- No GamStop Limitations
- Friendly Live Tables
- 25 Daily Spins After 1st Deposit
- Not Limited by GamStop
- 40 Euros for Bonus
- The Complete List Of Independent UK Casinos
- How We Select Independent Casino Sites UK
- Popular Banking Options At Standalone Casinos In The UK
- The Newest Independent Casino UK For October 2023
- Pros & Cons Of Independent Online Casinos
- How To Join An Independent Online Casino
- Why Trust Our Independent Online Casino Reviews
- Type Of Games Available At Independent Online Casinos
- Popular Licences At Independent Gambling Sites
- Independent Online Casinos By Country
- FAQs About Independent Casinos
How We Select Independent Casino Sites UK
Choosing an independent casino UK players can use is harder than it looks. Hundreds of them exist, so how do we separate the duds from the reliable ones? Well, our team looks at some specific features we deem are the most vital for good independent online casinos.
- No UKGC licenses – The main point of using standalone casinos is that you’re sick and tired of UKGC restrictions. This licence is a must-have for all UK casino sites and it can put annoying limits on your gambling. Instead, we’re looking for non-UK casinos that have their own independent licenses. The sites are still regulated and looked after, but without the same strict limitations that the UKGC imposes.
- Self-exclusion capabilities – We know that many of you are searching for independent slot sites because you’re hunting for casinos not on GamStop. You’re currently on this scheme, which greatly restricts your gambling habits. That’s fine, and we agree that GamStop can be a bit too brutal and full-on at times. However, we still include standalone casinos UK players can self-exclude from if necessary. They will have their own ways of letting you do this outside of the GamStop scheme.
- A thriving sportsbook – Likewise, independent gambling sites need to provide you with a sportsbook to place bets on top sporting competitions. Sure, it’s fun playing slots, bingo games and all that stuff, but sometimes you need a change! With betting sites not on GamStop, you have precisely that.
- A multitude of deposit options – Funding your account needs to be as easy as possible. An independent UK casino must give you as many options as you can think of. Here, we’re looking for credit card deposit casinos and casinos accepting other secure deposit methods.
- Lots of game varieties – Next, we want to be certain that UK players have fun on independent casino sites. So, we’re searching for a broad variety of casino games not on GamStop you can play. This includes slot games, but it also looks at bingo, poker, slingo, roulette, live table games, etc.
Speaking of which, it is worth noting that a lot of independent casinos will help you remove GamStop self-exclusion in the sense that you can still gamble on these sites while on the scheme. Nevertheless, we don’t see it as an absolute necessity for an independent casino to not be on GamStop. Basically, you will definitely find non-GamStop casinos on our list, but it wasn’t one of our key criteria.
The Top Independent Casino Sites For UK Players
With so many fantastic independent casinos to choose from, how do you find the best ones around? Luckily, we’ve done this part for you! Our experts have selected some of the top independent casinos UK players can experience right now. Check them out here:
GoldenBet is a premium provider of independent online slots for UK players. It’s one of the best sites we’ve ever reviewed, thanks to its amazing player-friendly features. You get a top-tier bonus when signing up, granting hundreds of free spins to use on many top-class slot games. It’s not all about slots; there are way more casino games for you to enjoy as well. It’s got 24/7 chat support too, so there’s always help when you need it.
SlotoNights Casino lives up to its name by being a really joyful and vibrant independent online casino. The web design draws you in, but the features keep you there. It supports cryptocurrency deposits, as well as credit cards and many other methods. Talking about deposits, your first one gives you a 100% bonus to use across the website. Experience an array of wonderful online casino games from top developers – and you can try the site for free thanks to two beautiful no-deposit bonuses.
Lucky Manor Casino
If you’re looking for an independent casino that boasts loads of quality gaming providers, Lucky Manor is the place for you. You will find some of the biggest developers in the game here, including NetEnt and Novomatic. This gives you hundreds of wonderful slots and other games to gamble on for as long as you like. Some diverse and secure banking methods make funding your account a breeze, while 200 free spins await you after your first deposit.
Hand of Luck Casino
Hand of Luck Casino launched as an independent casino in December 2022. Over the last few months, it has gone from strength to strength and amazed UK punters. The sportsbook and casino are both expansive and provide endless ways to have fun. Your first four deposits qualify for a bonus, totalling 50% + 125 FS, up to 4,000 Euros! You have so many different ways to entertain yourself at this independent casino online. Oh, and there are three different and easy ways to contact customer support if you ever need assistance.
Very Well Casino
It’s always important to find casinos you can trust – especially when you’re after independent casinos. Thankfully, Very Well Casino is a totally established brand that’s been around for a long time. You know what you’re getting from this site. It has a huge game library with slots, poker, bingo, slingo, roulette, scratch cards and more. There’s a large sportsbook too, letting you bet on football, tennis, boxing, racing, etc. Multiple deposit methods make your life as easy as can be, and you can register without needing any ID documents!
The Newest Independent Casino UK For October 2023
Lucky Mister Casino
New independent casino sites pop up on our radar all the time. So, the team at Casino Wise likes to highlight the newest and best ones out there. This way, you’ll always know when there’s a new site you can try!
This month, we’re singling out Lucky Mister Casino. It’s a wonderful little independent casino that welcomes UK players. We discovered so many amazing features that will keep you happy for hours, and our detailed review will go into them in more depth. For now, you can have a quick peak at what our experts found the most exciting:
- A huge welcome bonus
- Easy registration steps
- No verification required
- An expansive game library
- Great sports betting capabilities
- SSL encryption and good security measures
- Safe banking methods
- Self-exclusion can be requested if needed
Pros & Cons Of Independent Online Casinos
|❤️ Number of independent casinos||100+|
|🏆 Best independent casino sites||GoldenBet Casino, SlotoNights Casino, Lucky Manor Casino|
|⭐ Featured standalone casino website||VeloBet|
|✅ Available to UK players||100%|
|⚖️️ UKGC licenses||No|
|🌍 Independent casino locations||Europe, Curacao, USA, Australia & more|
|🎁 No-deposit bonuses||Free spins & free cash|
|🔄 Minimum wagering requirement||x1|
There’s a lot to love about independent casinos. They offer a completely different experience from traditional UK casinos with a UKGC licence. This means you see plenty of benefits while gaming on these sites. However, independent online casinos can often lack a few features that UK casinos boast. You need to have a clear picture of what you’re getting into, so check out the full list of pros & cons below:
The Pros of Independent Casinos for UK Players
- No ID needed when joining – Independent casino sites offer more privacy than UK ones. Here, you can join online casinos without ID needed as a verification measure. In essence, it allows you to gamble anonymously without uploading passport or ID photos to the website.
- A way to bypass GamStop – If you’re currently bogged down by self-exclusion restrictions despite feeling as though you’ve got your gambling in check, independent casinos can be beneficial. They offer ways around GamStop without breaking any scheme rules. You can gamble whenever you like, as often as you like. This is because these independent casinos don’t have a UKGC licence and don’t have to cooperate with GamStop.
- Safe & diverse payment options – Using standalone casinos means you have a range of safe and diverse payment options. You can use your credit card, e-wallets, bank transfers or even cryptocurrency. It’s all very safe and super fast.
- Access to unique games – One of the most enjoyable things about independent online casinos is the variety of unique games. This includes poker games, slots, bingo and much more. But, these games are often from developers you don’t find in the UK, so they’re brand new to you!
The Cons of Independent Casinos for UK Players
- Harder to self-exclude – What happens if you start losing money and want to block yourself from independent casinos? They don’t cooperate with GamStop or Gamban, so you can never exclude yourself from multiple sites at once. You’d have to go to every single operator and request that your account is frozen. Needless to say, this is difficult and pretty unrealistic to imagine. So, it’s much harder to self-exclude when you’re in trouble.
- Replies can take hours to come through – If you send an email to customer support, it could take hours before you get a response. This is because you’re mainly dealing with international casinos accepting UK players. Their working hours might not align with your playing hours. In turn, customer support can be less than great.
- Higher stakes are involved – Independent casinos have their own licenses. Therefore, they don’t impose the same limits as the UKGC. This can mean many games have higher odds and stakes than you’re used to. While the prize is bigger winnings, the downside is larger losses.
How To Join An Independent Online Casino
You’ve seen the pros/cons and are aware of what you’re getting into. Like most people, you believe the benefits definitely outweigh the drawbacks. As such, you’re eager to get started right away!
Before you begin, you need to create an account. Here are some simple steps to follow to help you join an independent online casino:
Select an Independent Casino That Accepts UK Players
Take a look at our long list of independent casinos UK players can join. Or, browse through the top sites we singled out. Find one that jumps out at you and encourages you to join. Click on our reviews and press the big “Join Now” button to be taken to the site.
Complete the Registration Form
Next, fill in the registration form. All independent casinos have a similar form that can be completed in seconds. You just need some contact information, so make sure everything is typed in correctly. Follow any prompts and your account should be created right away.
Fund Your New Account & Activate Your Welcome Bonus
Once your account is up and running, head to the promotions page to select your welcome bonus. Read the terms and conditions to know how much you should deposit to qualify for the bonus. Then, select your chosen banking method and fund your account. Ready any T&Cs beforehand relating to withdrawals so you avoid issues down the line.
Have Fun at an Independent Online Casino!
Finally, your account will be funded and the bonus activated. Now, all that’s left is to have some fun at this independent online casino site.
Why Trust Our Independent Online Casino Reviews
We’ve been conducting reviews of independent online casinos for a very long time. Still, we understand if you have reservations about our opinions on these sites. How do you know that we’re trustworthy?
Our review process is extremely detailed and takes a long time. We follow a process to ensure that every UK player can trust every single review on our site. Here’s what we do:
- We register with every site before reviewing
- We play and deposit real money on the site, checking out all the features
- We constantly test bonuses to see if they’re legit and how easy they are to claim
- We use any no-deposit bonuses to see if they’re worthwhile
- We look at other reviews from players all over the internet
- We try all the banking methods to ensure they work and are secure
- We test the customer support methods to be sure you can get help if needed
Following all of this, we write comprehensive reviews of each site. We are honest and open about everything, highlighting the pros and cons at all times. If we don’t think a site is worth using, we’ll let you know!
Popular Banking Options At Standalone Casinos In The UK
Having a variety of banking options is crucial for standalone casinos to be worthwhile. You’ll be happy to know a collection of deposit/withdrawal methods exist. Also, we’ve included the methods that you can’t use.
Available Banking Options
- Credit Cards – Visa/Mastercard
- Bank Transfers
Unavailable Banking Options
- Mobile Payments – Apple Pay, Google Pay, Boku
Type Of Games Available At Independent Online Casinos
We know that game variety is a key factor when choosing the right independent gambling sites. Below, you’ll find a selection of popular games that every casino on our list will boast:
- Independent slot games – If you are looking for online slots not with GamStop, independent casinos are the perfect place to visit. Enjoy top slots from some of the biggest developers, plus a few niche ones too.
- Independent bingo games – There are many bingo sites not with GamStop that come under the category of independent online casinos. Play this classic game with a modern twist on the best independent casino sites.
- Independent poker games – Those of you that enjoy table games will be eager to play online poker not on GamStop. Thankfully, independent casinos have these games in abundance.
- Independent lottery games – For some instant fun that requires zero effort and low stakes, try online lotteries at independent online casinos.
- Independent slingo games – A combination of slots and bingo. Yes, it’s as fun as it sounds! Slingo games are extremely popular on independent casino sites.
- Independent online live dealers – Take your experience to the next level with a whole host of live dealer games, such as roulette, poker and more.
- Independent online sportsbooks – While not technically a “game”, independent casinos do have sportsbooks you can use whenever you like. This lets you bet on sports and competitions from all over the world. Most will also include in-play live betting!
Popular Licences At Independent Gambling Sites
Independent casinos don’t have UKGC licences, but that doesn’t mean they’re completely unregulated. Instead, there are a few popular licences these sites are likely to possess.
- Curacao Licences
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) Licences
- Spelinspektionen (Swedish Gambling Licence)
- GBGA Licence (Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association)
- US Licences
- Other international licences
Independent Online Casinos By Country
Where are all of these independent casinos located? We know they’re not in the UK, so where are these sites typically registered? Here are some of the main countries and regions you’ll find top standalone casinos:
- Offshore – There are many offshore online casinos with independent licences. This typically includes island countries such as Malta and Curacao.
- Europe – Many of the independent casinos on our list are based in Europe. This includes Ireland, Sweden and plenty of other countries across the continent.
- USA – In the USA, some casinos with a state licence aren’t open to UK players. However, there are many independent online casinos operating out of the US that accepts players from the UK. Rest assured, any US casinos on our list will be open to you.
- International – Looking even further afield, you can find independent casino sites from across the globe. There are Australian sites accepting UK players and many others.
FAQs About Independent Casinos
What is an independent casino?
As the name suggests, an independent casino is one that stands by itself. It has no affiliation with other sites and has its own platform. Furthermore, independent casinos will not be registered with the UKGC and have a completely different regulatory body.
Are independent online casinos legal in the UK?
Yes, independent online casinos are legal in the UK. No laws prohibit British players from using them as long as they have a trustworthy international licence.
Are independent casinos safe?
Yes, independent casinos are completely safe. In fact, they’re as safe as UK casinos in terms of cybersecurity. The same measures are in place at independent online casinos, such as SSL encryption.
Can UK players use independent online casinos?
Yes, you can use any independent casino on our list. They are all open to UK players and you can access the sites legally without a VPN.
Are independent casino sites covered by GamStop?
No, the majority of independent online casinos will not be covered by GamStop as they don’t participate in the scheme. Nevertheless, certain independent sites will still cooperate with GamStop. Most notably, independent casinos with an MGA licence are likely to still be part of the GamStop scheme.
Can I use GBP on independent casino sites?
Yes and no. There are plenty of independent casino sites that will accept GBP payments. At the same time, there are equally as many that don’t. For the most part, Euros are accepted at the majority of sites. If you can’t use GBP, be sure you understand how much money you’re depositing in a foreign currency.
Can I use an independent casino if I’m on GamStop?
Yes, if you are currently excluded from UK casinos as part of the GamStop scheme, it is possible to access and use independent casino sites. Double-check that the site doesn’t cooperate with GamStop before joining. If it doesn’t, you’re free to join and gamble away.
Can I self-exclude from independent casino sites?
Yes, you can self-exclude from an independent online casino. However, there isn’t a self-exclusion scheme for you to use. Instead of signing up for a scheme and excluding yourself from multiple sites, you have to do things directly. Contact the casino operator and request a period of self-exclusion if you think your gambling habits are getting out of hand.